Inside Togo

After 8 years at Inside Washington Publishers, I couldn't resist paying homage by naming this after my old publication, Inside EPA. Internet access permitting, I'll use it to provide periodic updates on my new life in Togo with the Peace Corps' girls education program. Disclaimer: The views presented here do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Ghana -- Wli Falls

I just returned from a two and a half week trip to Ghana with my sister, and the first sight we went to see was Wli falls, supposedly the highest waterfall in West Africa (which is actually 2 waterfalls, upper and lower). As you can see from the picture of me, the upper falls are quite high -- and that captures only about two-thirds of their height. My sister called the upper falls the most beautiful waterfall she had ever seen.

The only drawback to seeing the upper falls is that it requires about 2 hours of hiking up a very steep mountain on a rather uncertain trail, which was especially difficult since it was the hottest and most humid time of the year. But in the end it was worth the effort.

The second picture is of the lower falls, which are much more easily accessible via a 45-minute hike on a basically flat path.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home