Inside Togo

After 8 years at Inside Washington Publishers, I couldn't resist paying homage by naming this after my old publication, Inside EPA. Internet access permitting, I'll use it to provide periodic updates on my new life in Togo with the Peace Corps' girls education program. Disclaimer: The views presented here do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Monday, March 31, 2008

The Worst Bush Taxi Ever



This has to be about the most beat-up looking bush taxi I've ever seen, which is saying a lot since these cars are never in very good condition. Fortunately I only had to be in the car for about 45 minutes, since it was pretty scary from a safety perspective and also had some (not surprisingly) serious mechanical problems as evidenced by the fact that extremely strong gas fumes filtered in through the windows throughout the ride. The ride was also amusing because the driver not only had to hotwire the car to get it started (in addition to popping the clutch and getting it pushed, none of which are that unusual here), but had to perform some sort of hotwiring maneuver every time he shifted gears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home