Inside Togo

After 8 years at Inside Washington Publishers, I couldn't resist paying homage by naming this after my old publication, Inside EPA. Internet access permitting, I'll use it to provide periodic updates on my new life in Togo with the Peace Corps' girls education program. Disclaimer: The views presented here do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

The Moba Caves




A few weeks ago I went with some friends to Togo's northernmost regional capital, Dapaong, in part to see a nearby touristy site known as the Moba caves (named after the tribe that built them). They're built into the side of a cliff and were used by the Moba people in the 19th century to avoid attacks and raids by another tribe. There's a view of the caves, a view from the mountaintop right above them and a shot of my friend Helen (who is posted in Dapaong) emerging victorious after climbing the somewhat scary ladder that allows access to the site.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home