Inside Togo

After 8 years at Inside Washington Publishers, I couldn't resist paying homage by naming this after my old publication, Inside EPA. Internet access permitting, I'll use it to provide periodic updates on my new life in Togo with the Peace Corps' girls education program. Disclaimer: The views presented here do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Thursday, September 20, 2007

The Garbage Pile

So one of Sokode's landmarks is this lovely garbage pile, stituated right behind my local market and along this road (most roads in Togo are unpaved, except for the national highway, a few spurs off of it and the major streets in Lome). There's no garbage pickup in Togo (kinda like DC before the Tony Williams era) so people just throw their stuff out pretty much wherever, although once the garbage starts to pile up in certain areas it basically becomes the public dump. And also the public toilet....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home