Inside Togo

After 8 years at Inside Washington Publishers, I couldn't resist paying homage by naming this after my old publication, Inside EPA. Internet access permitting, I'll use it to provide periodic updates on my new life in Togo with the Peace Corps' girls education program. Disclaimer: The views presented here do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home Part 2

So here's the inside of my house, a lovely view of my living room. This is where I spend most of my time when I'm at home, sitting on the couch (not pictured, but behind the coffee table) reading some of the many books in the makeshift bookcase (I think that weird piece of furniture is supposed to be a bar but I'm not sure -- it came with the house, as did all of the furniture). The photos on the wall are the owner of the compound, who lives in France (the mother of the three sisters who lived there) and I think her French husband. It's sort of funny having these photos of people I've never met looking down on me but I don't even notice them anymore. It's usually just visitors who ask, who are these random people in the super-dated 1970s portrait shots hanging in a sort of shrine on your wall?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home