Inside Togo

After 8 years at Inside Washington Publishers, I couldn't resist paying homage by naming this after my old publication, Inside EPA. Internet access permitting, I'll use it to provide periodic updates on my new life in Togo with the Peace Corps' girls education program. Disclaimer: The views presented here do not represent the views of the Peace Corps or the U.S. government.

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Home Sweet Home


This is my porch -- in the background you can see the yard, I guess you'd call it, that makes up the rest of the compound. My house is within a walled enclosure that contains another house where my compound-mates live. It used to be three sisters and one of the sister's baby daughter, Elodie, but two of the sisters recently moved so now it's me, Elodie, mom, nanny and the dad who seems to hang around more now that the sisters have left but doesn't really live there.

You probably weren't expecting a PC house to look like this and neither was I, but apparently most volunteers living in big cities get nice spreads like this instead of the stereotypical hut. My house is supposed to be one of the nicest PC houses in Togo. I'll post some pictures of the inside next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home